August 13, 2018
Self Storage Tips Geared for Winter Storing
What makes Vault Storage Co the right place to store your belongings for winter? Self storage tips, secure storage units, and professionals ready to assist you are just a few ways we aim to make storing easy. Our facility has indoor storage options and a large RV and boat parking area that come in handy when it is time to put them away for the year. This month we want to give you some suggestions on how to store for winter.
Winter storage self storage tips
- Add a stabilizer to oil or drain the gas tank before storing your lawn mower.
- Resurface gardening tools with a new coat of paint and sharpen metal edges to ensure tools are ready when spring arrives.
- Remove the grate and burners from your grill so you can thoroughly soak them and avoid rodents in your unit. We work hard to keep our property pest free, help us stay pest free by not storing food.
- Now that the pool is closed store chemicals along the wall in your storage unit. Stacking these items on top of each other can cause a spill if the lid cracks or there is too much weight.
- Find labels for all your boxes in our office along with tie down ropes, tape, and wheel chocks.
- Outdoor patio furniture should be properly cleaned before entering the storage unit. Use soap and water to remove dirt and more abrasive chemicals for tough stains.
- Metal can rust fast if left to fend for itself against moisture. Sand down any spots showing rust already and give the piece a fresh coat of paint.
While you enjoy the last days of summer, Vault Storage Co is preparing for cooler days ahead with these self storage tips for you. We have the right solution to store your RV, home or business, just give us a call.