March 9, 2018
Simple storing with our storage packing tips
Storing for the first time and not sure what you need to know? Storage packing tips from Vault Storage Co. will be helpful for packing your home as well as moving to storage. We have a few pointers for those first timers and even everyone who has stored for years. When the sun starts to warm things up it is prime time to move, since spring is around the corner we are focusing on preparing you and your gear for short term storage or long term.
Successful storage includes the right tools, the knowledge, and a secure location, all these are storage solutions at Vault Storage Co. Implement these tips the next time you want to move a few items to storage.
- Avoid wasting space by filling all your boxes to the top. Be aware of how heavy they are. If the box becomes to heavy, split gear between two small boxes.
- Drain appliances with water in them a few days in advance so you do not have a puddle in your unit.
- Since the house is packed, pay attention to the unit. Put in a tarp on the floor to stop any wetness from the ground.
- Leave enough room between rows of boxes so you can access every box. Shelves will help utilize the square footage efficiently.
- Keep mirrors and glass panes upright. Storing them on the floor, or flat underneath something raise the risk of them breaking.
- Use the hollow parts of your wardrobe or under a chair to stack a box or two.
- Decide how many boxes you need and what size unit you will need by talking with our store manager or using our online calculator.
Just as we batten down the house for winter storms, spring is all about clearing it out. Keep the layout simple and efficient with a storage unit in North Wales, PA.